To be honest, there is fun to be had in DIY projects. The sense of satisfaction after the completion of a particular project is something to write home about. A table saw is among those essential tools that make woodworking projects a sort of child’s play.
However, that does not imply any table saw is good. There is definitely a wide variety and choosing the right one is not so easy. Without much ado, we provide you with some information we have taken time to gather so you will end up with the best table saw around.
- 1 Top Table Saw Reviews
- 1.1 #1: DEWALT DWE7491RS 10-Inch Jobsite Table Saw
- 1.2 #2: Bosch 10-Inch Worksite Table Saw
- 1.3 #3: DEWALT DWE7480XA 10-Inch Compact Job Site Table Saw
- 1.4 #4: Keter Folding Compact Workbench Sawhorse Work Table
- 1.5 #5: Rockwell BladeRunner X2 Portable Tabletop Saw
- 1.6 #6: Craftsman Evolv 15 Amp 10 In. Table Saw 28461
- 1.7 #7: SKIL 3410-02 10-Inch Table Saw with Folding Stand
- 1.8 #8: Makita 2705 10-Inch Contractor Table Saw
- 2 The Different Varieties of Table Saw
- 3 Things to Consider when Choosing the Best Table Saws
- 4 Conclusion
Top Table Saw Reviews
This is one table saw any DIYer would easily fall in love with as it packs all the necessary features they would expect – and much more. For starters, the table saw comes with a rack and pinion fence system to ensure fast and accurate adjustments. This makes your work perfect and professional. Other great features include a decent rip capacity of 32-1/2 inch, perfect for most woodworking projects and a powerful 15 amp motor.
- Has a rack and pinion fence system for effective adjustments
- A decent rip capacity, adequate for most projects
- Comes with rolling stand for increased portability and stability
- A dust collection port- large enough for a tidy project
- There may be problems with the miter slots
Some of us love convenience and portability in a DIY tool. Well, Bosch 10-Inch Worksite Table Saw is one portable, and collapsible tool meaning you can easily move it to an appropriate place like under the shade in your backyard. The table saw is easy to use and has a large table capacity.
- Collapsible and portable for more comfortable movement
- Easy to use and can support one-handed operation
- Large capacity table and ripping capacity of 25 inches
- An efficient motor for a high level of precision
- The motor has no covering and is exposed to dust – an engineering flaw
With a 24-inch rip capacity and a powerful 15 Amp motor, you have a perfect workhorse on your hands. This table saw has a robust foldable stand for more accessible storage. It has a modular guard system ensuring easy adjustments for various applications.
- A powerful motor and 24-inch rip capacity – adequate for any kind of project
- Has a robust foldable stand for easier storage
- A guard system for easier adjustments
- A durable and sharp carbide blade
- The miter slots and fence system may not be that perfect
Compact and portable are two features you notice about table saw. You can move it to an appropriate place for your project and store it easily. Keter table saw is also quite sturdy and can hold up to 1000lbs. Its durable steel legs ensure the DIY tool withstands any amount of pressure placed on it.
- Compact and portable saw
- Sturdy enough to hold up to 1000lbs
- Convenient clamps to help with the project
- Some parts like the hinges may be flimsy and non-replaceable
This may be one of the most portable table saws you will find. They are simple to set up and can be done with it within minutes. At only 15lbs, I don’t think you will find a table saw as lightweight. You can easily carry it along with you. There is convenient hold down guards and easy to change the blade.
- Very portable and lightweight
- A convenient hold-down guard
- A blade that is easy to change should it be necessary
- May not cut straight
This 15 amp motor table saw comes with a miter gauge for sufficient control. This is necessary to get the project the way you want it. Its advanced guarding system helps has superior blade coverage, enough for any project you have. It is also easy to use.
- A powerful motor to cut through most wood
- Has miter gauge providing you adequate control
- Advanced guarding system
- The blades may be out of alignment
- Too lightweight to work effectively
Most DIYers want something easy to use and makes their project so much easier. For starters, this table saw has a cut height of 3-1/2 Inches, appropriate for most projects. The rip fence is self-aligning, which is very important to ensure accurate cuts.
- A good cut height for most projects
- Made of cast aluminum for durability
- Self-aligning rip fence for accurate cuts
- A heavy-duty steel stand to hold up no matter how heavy the project
- Many plastic parts that can easily break
The standout feature about this table saw is the guard design allowing you a good view of the blade as it works. This will enable you to keep track of the progress and make changes if needed. The dual side guards are pretty adjustable for efficiency in measurement you know how vital measurements are in woodworking projects.
- A good guard design making it easy to view the blade as it works
- Adjustable side guards for easier measurements
- Has a release lever enhanced adjustments
- Versatile design for a range of applications
- It is quite large and heavy
- Has a plastic body that may crack under constant use
The Different Varieties of Table Saw
These table saws are the most lightweight and portable in comparison to the other varieties. And just because they are lightweight does not mean they are built of flimsy materials. They are hardy enough to withstand a few knocks here and drops there.
Bench tops have safety systems in place to ensure you are not rendered limbless after a miss. It is always of utmost importance that heavy-duty units like table saws and the like have functional systems in place. It would apparently, not make any sense to have a dangerous tool lurking around your home.
You may not believe it at first, but these compact machines boast tool storage. Yes. The look on your face, priceless! This is what globalization and increased competition are doing – innovating and finding better ways to make better products.
As an ardent DIYer, this table saw is your best companion based on relatively low prices, compact size, portability and ease of use.
Contractor table saws are not as portable or as lightweight as the bench tops. However, there are several good things about them. For starters, they are a beloved of DIYers because they can easily plug into the standard electrical grid.
Dust collection may be an issue, but there is no reason you shouldn’t invest in an industrial vacuum to solve this. Their price and efficiency easily make up for this shortcoming – they are actually cheaper than cabinet table saws.
They are not too shabby when it comes to safety and precision. Contractors have a robust design with a decent level of safety.
The downside is that it is relatively more expensive than bench tops. They also take some time to master but should be good as long as you follow the instructions.
The hybrids are built as an alternative to the contractor model. They are cheaper and have fewer features than their counterpart the contractor table saws. The hybrids do not have any problem when it comes to dust collection, they have enclosed cabinets.
Safety features are incorporated into the design, and some of the models come with a sliding table feature to prevent cross-cutting. For users, the sliding feature is a time saver and a source of peace of mind.
You can easily plug the hybrids to the standard power grid outlet without any problem. They are also easy to use for those that know what they are doing.
These are in a class of their own when it comes to features and all. Their sturdiness, performance, and precision are something to call for celebration, and it pretty much justifies their premium price.
This is a machine for the pros. They are efficient, and quite fast. Unfortunately, cabinet table saws require a heavy-duty circuit to handle its high-powered motor. Cabinets may be expensive but eventually recoup this cost over time.
Things to Consider when Choosing the Best Table Saws
- Safety: when it comes to dealing with heavy-duty machinery, safety is critical. The best table saw must have a blade guard at a minimum. It keeps your fingers intact, and which is a good thing for you.Unfortunately, there is a tendency for people to unscrew the blade guard in an attempt to achieve efficiency in cutting. This could lead to significant injuries.
- A flat Work Surface: a flat surface is ideal as it helps achieve efficiency. If possible, take a leveler with you or ask for one and make sure the deviation is at least 0.005 inches.
- Fences: this is another critical feature as it helps you as the user, achieve accuracy and precision. Which project doesn’t need this?
- Dust collecting features: make sure to check these features are available. Portable units tend to be poor when it comes to this, but they are basic for other models. Check the size of the dust port and make sure it is sufficiently large to handle debris.Determine the vacuum requirements as some models demand pricey vacuums which you may not be prepared to handle.
Table saws are godsend for DIYers and woodworking pros. They make projects easy and quick. However, you will need the best table saw to ace that DIY project you have been raring to start, for some time. Our top choice from the above based on features, functionality, and ease of use is definitely DEWALT DWE7491RS 10-Inch Jobsite Table Saw.
With a capable fence system, a functional rip capacity and a rolling stand, it is easy to understand why it is among the best. Its dust collection port is something to excite any woodworker serious about keeping their places of work clean.