Time has a way of beating down our equipment and walls. Paint starts to peel off, and the metal parts become rusty and unsightly.
With a good paint sprayer, you can rehabilitate that beat down piece of furniture or wall to an almost new state that will wow everyone including yourself.
Find the Best Airless and HVLP Sprayer for Painting
Some of us are really into details and want nothing but perfection. However, not many paint sprayers can be said to compliment such an outlook better than Fuji 2202 Semi-PRO 2 HVLP Spray System. Even the premium price indicates that this is a tool for serious hobbyists and professionals.
This top of the range product comes with a spray gun boasting professional features such as dedicated fan control for pattern adjustment and non-bleed.
- Easy to adjust spray pattern to fit the task at hand
- Easy to maintain and clean up
- Stainless steel fluid opening to avoid rusting
- An ergonomic handle for ease of use
- Quite an expensive model
- Instructions may not be comprehensive enough to benefit fully from its capability
You can never get such a level of control as one provided by Graco Magnum 262800 X5 Stand Airless Paint Sprayer at the same price range. The level of control it affords you is nothing short of impressive. This allows you the benefit of playing around with various pattern sizes and uses the right one for the current project.
Use and maintenance are supported by excellent features as PowerFlush Adapter where you can connect the unit to a garden hose and clean it fast. The RAC IV SwitchTip makes reversing the tip backward when clogged, comfortable so you can continue painting.
- A durable piston pump made from stainless steel to handle high pressure
- Easy and fast cleaning through PowerFlush Adapter
- Maximum pattern control for best results
- Easy use and maintenance
- May produce undesirable spurts and globs
- May have leaking problems
Sometimes, having specific tools with some weight is not such a bad thing. It enhances their portability. Graco Magnum 262805 X7 Cart Airless Paint Sprayer is on the wheel for more natural movement. And to make work more comfortable for you, it comes with a suction tube to get paint straight from the bucket – this makes it easier for you as you don’t need to keep transferring paint from one container to the next.
- A cart design for more comfortable transportation
- Ultimate control through a fully adjustable pressure
- Easy to clean and maintain by quickly connecting to a garden hose
- Ability to sustain up to 100ft of paint hose for an extended reach
- May have a clogging problem
- It can take some time to master
Budget sprayers are never too shabby for people with no experience to show. Even though it is without many features, REXBETI Paint Sprayer is a top quality paint sprayer that will be gentle on your budding skills. Its simple design is something to write home about.
This sprayer has up to three spray patterns that are easy to control. It flaunts an advanced motor, lightweight and sturdy for the painting projects you may have on your hands. And averaging at 700ml/min, this sprayer is pretty fast.
- HVLP Technology with three spray patterns
- A powerful and lightweight motor
- A fast sprayer that you will be done with spraying
- It is easy to use – you just point and squeeze the trigger
- Does not have a lot of features
- Plastic parts that may not last for long
This is another budget HVLP (High Volume Low Pressure) sprayer with an effective material transfer rate. It also has a reduced overspray bounce back meaning there are no significant wastages. There are three inbuilt control knobs you can use to attain the necessary pressure for the task. And unlike other varieties where globs are a common occurrence, this sprayer comes with a filter to ensure everything is pretty pure. Even though many may consider it low end, it has a working pressure of 30-45 PSI – not too bad in fact, even with the label.
- HVLP (High Volume Low Pressure) sprayer with low wastage levels
- Three control knobs for easier control
- Has air adjustment valve for more outflow control
- A pretty large gun appropriate for the task at hand
- A decent working pressure
- The gun may eventually have a leaking problem
If you are looking for something reliable, portable, and with a simple design to handle your painting works, then Tacklife SGP16AC 6.5Amp 1100ml/min Professional Spray Gun can as well be your choice. The spray gun has a decent spray distance of 35~45CM, adequate for a wide range of applications. It has a powerful 6.5 amp motor.
The good thing about electric sprayers is that they are pretty convenient. You just plug in and jump right into the painting task without much ado.
- A powerful 6.5 amp motor, sufficient for a wide range of applications
- Carries a portable design that makes moving it to various application locations pretty easy
- Has adjustable valve knobs for varying the pressure and flow rate
- A detachable canister for easier use and cleaning
- May be required to thin the paint significantly to avoid problems
For hobbyists looking for an affordable option, this sprayer quite well fits the bill. Unlike most of the devices in this review, it employs old-fashioned gravity to function. The canister is conveniently located just above the gun so that contents can easily drip down for spraying.
It has a drip cap to avoid the common problem of dripping. There are three control knobs and a filter and a filter for efficiency.
- The sprayer is pretty lightweight and comfortable
- Has an external mix-cap for accurate patterns
- Comes with three control knobs for adequate control
- A filter ensuring a clean paint and effective finish
- Some of the parts are not quite adjustable
- Not the best spay pattern
There are a few sprayers on the market that adequately serve the needs of novices. However, Astro 4008 Spray Gun is pretty considerate than the rest in this aspect. Its simplistic design, performance, and versatility are all newbie-friendly. And if that’s not all, the sprayer is accompanied by a detailed manual for the beginners – everything they need to know for their first paint job is included.
The adjustable fan makes the painting seem like a natural talent because of the high level of atomization. It is by far easier than using a brush.
- A detailed manual for beginners
- An anti-spill design ensuring the contents are used as they should
- Adjustable fan with a high level of atomization
- Easy to clean and maintain design
- You can use it for a variety of applications such as spraying furniture, wall among others
- The trigger control is not the best
- Fine tuning the spray pattern may not be easy
One thing about aluminum made bodies is that they are durable and more comfortable to maintain, as well as, clean. This SPRAYIT SP-352 Gravity Feed Spray Gun has a shiny frame, and an aluminum cup, ideal for paint works. Its working pressure is 44-58 PSI – sufficient for the task at hand.
It is pretty versatile that you can use it on wooden surfaces, plastic, and metal. And if you are a beginner, this sprayer is not so hard to use. It uses gravity to work.
- Aluminum body and cup for durability and easy maintenance
- A multifunctional sprayer that you can use on variety of surfaces
- Works with a variety of compressor air hoses
- The paint sprayer is pretty adjustable for a variety of applications
- The spray patterns not very efficient
- There may be leaking problems with the canister
The completely detachable tools are ideal when it comes to maintenance and cleaning. You can just get to the heart of the matter by dissembling the unit and taking care of it. Tacklife SGP15AC, Advanced Electric Spray Gun, is that sort of a tool. It comes with a detachable canister and a functional funnel for determining the amount.
- A portable design meaning that you can bring it along wherever
- Pretty multifunctional
- Detachable parts for easier cleaning and maintenance
- Three spray patterns for added choice
- The high part detachability may be a source of leak problems
The Different Types of Air Sprayers
These sprayers are the most common, and you may have come across them in your dad’s garage. They are also the kinds that wake you early in the morning on a weekend when the neighbor decides the barn has had enough of being an eyesore. They are quite noisy but reliable.
Conventional sprayers utilize an air compressor to produce a jet or mist of spay. They are easy to use but also have their disadvantages.
High pressure means less control resulting in paint everywhere. You cannot use them in a room where you don’t want a specific patch to have a single droplet of color. There is also the issue of wastage. Some professionals estimate that up to a half of the paint is lost to other places apart from the intended section.
The sprayers are also quite noisy that you cannot use them in living areas where the neighbors are protective about their peace and quiet. They may be cheap and efficient, but their associated waste and noise are worth a rethink.
High Volume Low Pressure (HVLP) Sprayers
These are significantly better than their predecessors, and as opposed to broad spray areas, theirs is narrower – something to write home about. The jet coming from an HVLP is easier to control and is perfect for painting small objects and complex tops.
The low-pressure spraying translates to reduced wastage meaning that most of the paint ends up where it is supposed. HVLPs are quite popular among DIYers based on their ease of use and applicability.
Their accuracy turns your painting into something professional-looking – you friends will never believe that you did it yourself without any help from a handyman. And whether it is a bicycle or table you are gifting with a fresh new coat, HVLP will make it seem so simple and professional – your ultimate goal.
These are the more advanced varieties, more efficient and easier to use than the conventional sprayers and HVLPs. Simply, they combine all the good points of HVLPs and to top it all, without giving off any amount of air.
The amount of control with air sprays is out of this world. You can quickly adjust the jet of paint to suit your needs and produce a high-quality finish. Furthermore, these airless varieties are not fond of wasting paint. That means all the paint will go to the intended surface.
With airless sprayers, you can turn pro in under ten minutes and leave your living room looking perfect.
Factors to Consider when choosing a Paint Sprayer
- Purpose: the kind of DIY you are into will determine the kind of sprayer you need. Painting your barn’s wall is not the same as applying a coat on the bicycle. The barn will do with a conventional sprayer as the big surface area will not lead to much wastage as it would with the bike.
- The Amount of Pressure: this is typically measured in horsepower. The more the pressure, the more the amount that gets off the nozzle. Usually, you would choose the higher pressure varieties as they get the job done quicker, but hold your horses.If you are after perfection and reduction in paint wastage, then more deliberated sprayers may be your thing. In the end, you are after control to ensure efficiency.
- Spraying Tips: the spraying tips are all about the type of sprayer on your hands and the kind of paint. The tips are usually marked in inches and indicate the width of the opening and the spray pattern. Larger openings are generally better when dealing with more extensive surfaces like a wall.
- Volume: what we mean by volume is GPM or in other words, Gallons Per Minute. This indicates the amount of paint you can transfer from a container to the surface within one minute. The higher it is, the more paint it can move within a short time.If you want a quick job, then you probably have an idea of the kind of sprayer more suited for this.
- Cost: the amount you are willing to spend on a paint sprayer determines whether you get something quality or a beat down. Sprayers are not a one-use-discard type of products, and you may be using them for a longer time. If you buy a cheap and low-quality product, you will be stuck with them for all projects – not ideal.
Painting can be pretty messy, tiring and, of course, monotonous in the absence of the right tools. However, the best paints sprayer can change all this. The above is a list of some of the best sellers on the market, and that can only indicate one thing – they will make decent choices depending on your level of experience and needs. However, we can only choose one as a top choice, and it’s none other than Fuji 2202 Semi-PRO 2 HVLP Spray System.
The sprayer has some of the ideal features any serious hobbyist or professional will find useful. It has a high level of adjustability for enhanced control, ergonomic design and is easy to maintain and clean. The sprayer is simply, heavy-duty.