Every homeowner needs to clean up the unsightly leaves that fall on the lawn, now and then.
The best leaf mulcher is convenient, easier to use, and makes your mulching tasks quicker so you can move on to something else – time is precious!
- 1 Our Picks for Top Leaf Mulchers
- 1.1 #1: Toro 51621 UltraPlus Leaf Blower Vacuum
- 1.2 #2: Black + Decker BV6000 High-Performance Blower/Vac/Mulcher
- 1.3 #3: Worx WG518 Electric Blower/Mulcher/Vac
- 1.4 #4: Händewerk Electric Corded Leaf Blower Vacuum and Mulcher
- 1.5 #5: Best Partner Leaf Blower, 3-in-One Electric Blower/Vacuum/Mulcher with Collection Bag
- 2 Why you need a Leaf Mulcher
- 3 The Varying Types of Leaf Mulchers
- 4 The Features that Make the Best Mulcher
- 5 Conclusion
Our Picks for Top Leaf Mulchers
This mulcher vacuum blower has some of the best blowing capabilities that you will find with top features. It features a 250 mph power at 350 CFM. The other accessories that the machine comes with include a bottom-zip bag, oscillating tube, and shred ring – everything you need to have an ideal yard cleaning machine.
The machine has an innovative oscillating kit that clears the path for efficiency. In other words, it makes your work easier. Its variable speed control is one of its highlight features that you will not find in many machines.
- The blower has top features that include a 250 MPH speed power
- Comes with all the accessories you will need for the mulcher / blower
- It is easy to use
- Features a variable speed control
- It is lightweight for easier handling
- The vacuum bag is not the best quality
- Some reviewers say it is an ineffective blower
The 3-in-1 blower features a powerful motor that achieves a high level of efficiency. And the fact that it is a 3-in-1 blower makes it quite functional – you will not need an additional blower and vacuum machine.
At 8.1lbs, the machine is pretty lightweight and ideal for clearing leaves along the driveway, garage and generally, your homestead.
- A powerful motor with a high-level efficiency
- It is a functional 3-in-1 blower – cost saving and you will not need to acquire additional equipment
- The machine has a disposable bag for easier collection
- A heavy-duty vacuum for efficient leaves and twigs clearing
- An easy change system between the blower and vacuum
- The heavy-duty metal fan reduces the leaves to a ratio of 16 to 1
- The plastic vacuum is not the most durable
- Maybe too heavy for older people
The 2-speed blower features a powerful 12 amp motor for efficiency. It has an efficient mulcher that converts 16 bags of leaves into 1, making it easier to dispose of. When it comes to blowing, the machine produces a powerful 250 MPH air speed to move the leaves to where you want them before mulching.
- Has a powerful 12 amp motor, with two speeds
- Features an efficient mulcher, that converts 16 bags into 1
- Has up to 250 MPH air speed for effective blowing
- It is easy to assemble, and you don’t need any tools to do it
- Lightweight and easy to move around
- An ergonomic handle
- It is a little loud
- May be heavy to use for a long period
- The cord is quite limiting
The good thing about a multipurpose design is that it gives you a choice of three when necessary. For example, you can select the blower or even the vacuum depending on the immediate task that you want to perform.
The beauty of variable speed is that you can comfortably select the blowing power, necessary to move the debris. And at 210 MPH, the machine has one of the most powerful blowing speeds – it can blow twigs in long grass.
- A multipurpose design to choose between a mulcher, vacuum, and blower.
- Variable speed for effective leaf and twig blowing
- A 210 MPH blowing speed for the tougher obstacles
- The machine features a 40L shoulder carry bag for easier movement
- Quick adjustability between the three functions
- The mulch bag is not the best of quality
- There may be a problem with the trigger
The multipurpose yard cleaning machine has a powerful 12 amp motor, sufficient for handling the cleaning functions around your home. The blower comes with a maximum speed of 200 mph, powerful enough for blowing various leaves and sticks.
It is easy to assemble and use –anyone can assemble without tools so you can start cleaning the yard, right way.
- Boasts a multipurpose functionality for efficiency
- The machine is easy to use
- Better control and 2-speed selection – useful when yard cleaning
- Easily assembly, even without tools
- The mulcher saves a significant amount of space by converting 16 bags to one
- The collection bag is not of the best quality
- Its vacuum mode may fail after a period
Why you need a Leaf Mulcher
The fact is, you can’t keep leaves from falling on your lawn or yard, and eventually, you will need to clean them to give your lawn a chance to thrive. You can choose to pick them one by one, and in the process, take a lot of time, and energy.
There are several convenient tools you can use depending on the size of your yard, and number of leaves that fall on the lawn. If it is only a few leaves, then a blower or a vac will perform a decent job. However, if there are many leaves, you will need the right tool for the job, the leaf mulcher.
Leaf mulchers make the leaf collecting activity, a breeze. They make the collection, and disposing of leaves, an easy and fun chore.
The machines work in the same way that office shredders do. The mulcher slices the leaves into tiny pieces that are manageable, and which you can compact later. It also makes packing easier, where you use fewer bags.
In the majority of cases, you will not easily find a standalone mulcher, but rather, a 3-in-1 machine that is also a blower and a vacuum. But you will still find manufacturers that make standalone, and so it will depend on your preference.
Standalone mulchers are a bit a bulky, but there can never be a question about their performance – it is superior. On the other hand, the 3-in-1 machines have a compact size and are lighter to carry around on your shoulder. If you need something portable, and which doesn’t require a lot of maintenance, the 3-in-1 combo is your best bet.
The Varying Types of Leaf Mulchers
There are different types of mulchers on the market, and your ideal depends on several factors such as convenience, and needs.
Gas-powered mulchers are ideal for large tasks and areas – they are more powerful than other varieties. However, they are a heavy, and demand a significant amount of maintenance. The gas-powered is also noisy, and may not be ideal for residential locations with peace-loving and quiet neighborhood.
Electric mulchers are much more convenient than their gas-powered counterparts. They are a lot cleaner than gas, as they have zero emissions. Electric powered is also quiet and appropriate for residential areas. They are light, and you can easily move them around the yard as you clean up. However, the cord must be long enough if you want a better reach, but still, the cord is a limiting factor.
The battery-powered is another convenient and clean energy variety you can choose. The battery-powered have the benefits of the electric-powered but without the limiting cords. They are quiet but a bit expensive than the others – regardless, they are worth every bit of investment.
The Features that Make the Best Mulcher
It is always good practice to look out for features that make one mulcher, better than the other. No one wants to purchase something that will eventually disintegrate within a short period – we all love durable and quality products.
- Speed: while there is no ideal speed, a much slower mulcher will have fewer problems in comparison to those with higher speeds. Reduced speeds mean less clogging and efficient sucking of leaves during yard cleanup.
- Reduction Ratio: refers to how much the machine will reduce the leave. Keep in mind that a mulcher is for removing waste leaves from your lawn, and the bigger it is, the better. That means a bigger ratio of about 16: will effectively reduce sixteen sacks of leaves into one.
- Capacity: choose your weapon according to the adversary. It simply means that you will need to select the mulcher that can efficiently fulfill your needs. For example, if you have a lot of leaves fall on your yard often, then you will need a machine with a big capacity, not like the one that will only handle two or three trees.
- Blade Quality: a high-quality blade provides a decent amount of service, shredding leaves. As you are checking on the quality of the machine, and the features it boasts, don’t forget about the blade.
The best leaf mulcher converts the leaves, as well as the twigs into mulch, thereby, cleaning the yard effectively. Most of the machines on the market are multifunctional, meaning that you benefit from various cleaning tools in one, like the above mulchers.
The best among them in our opinion is Toro 51621 UltraPlus Leaf Blower Vacuum. With an unmatched variable speed of 250 mph, lightweight design, variable speed control, and various accessories you can understand why it is a machine worth the investment.