Everybody wants their lawn to standout for all the right reasons. However, the associated overheads often put many people off.
Apart from the maintenance there are other factors you may want to consider. Example is my water pressure sufficient enough? Well in this article we will take a look at the best lawn sprinklers for low water pressure.
- 1 Review of Sprinklers for Low Pressure
- 1.1 #1: Gardena ZoomMaxx Oscillating Sprinkler on Weighted Sled Base
- 1.2 #2: 2 Pack – Orbit Metal 3-Arm Lawn Watering Sprinkler
- 1.3 #3: HISC, Inc. Ultimate Water Sprinkler with Shut-off Timer
- 1.4 #4: GrowGreen Garden Sprinkler, 360° Rotating Lawn Sprinkler
- 1.5 #5: Dramm 15075 ColorStorm Spinning Sprinkler
- 1.6 #6: Melnor XT Metal Oscillating Lawn Sprinkler
- 2 How many Types of Lawn Sprinklers are there?
- 3 Factors to Consider when Choosing a Low Water Pressure Sprinkler
- 4 Determine your Garden or Lawn Needs
- 5 Water Supply
- 6 Installation
- 7 Soil Type
- 8 Budget
- 9 Conclusion
Review of Sprinklers for Low Pressure
Among the various reasons to choose Gardena ZoomMaxx Oscillating Sprinkler on Weighted Sled Base is its simplicity in use. Many sprinklers are either hard to control or have durability issues but that is not the case with this device.
It is a fully adjustable sprinkler with a decent coverage area between 76 square ft. and 2300 square ft. And if you have a small yard, then ZoomMaxx is ideal. The osciliating sprinkler is great regardless of the water pressure.
It has 16 rubber nozzles that ensure a good distribution of water – every blade of grass in your lawn gets its share of the water to thrive. No doubt the sprinkler may be a little pricey but it is all worth the investment considering it is designed to help with low water pressure.
- A fully adjustable low-pressure sprinkler
- Simple to use controls that anyone can operate it
- Easily operates in small areas
- Features 16 rubber nozzles for efficient water distribution
- A broad base for stability
- Its plastic body may not overcome the pressure of constant use and long exposure to the sun
- Premium priced
This is a very portable sprinkler that gets the job done. What this means is that you can move it around the lawn feeding the lawn with water as is necessary. Its coverage radius of 24ft is pretty decent. When you combine this radius and a wheelbase, you have yourself efficiency at its best. And what’s more, the sprinkler is constructed on heavy-duty metal and will overcome the weather and other elements to give you a decent amount of service.
- A portable sprinkler that you can quickly move around as you water the lawn
- It is heavy-duty metal construction for optimal durability
- Doesn’t demand a significant amount of your intervention to function
- Can function well with any water pressure
- Will rotate regardless of the water pressure at your home
- May not function well under very low water pressure
- The arms may break if not handled with care
With a shutoff timer and a coverage radius of 4,000 Sq. feet, this may be the ideal sprinkler that you have been searching for. The programmable shutoff timer ensures that you can leave the sprinkler and do something else. You will no longer have to worry about overwatering and spiralling water bills.
The device boasts adjustable sprinkler patterns and so you can pick the most appropriate for you.
- Has a good coverage radius to ensure every spot of the lawn is covered
- Comes with a programmable shutoff timer for efficiency
- Spray angles of up to 360 degrees
- It is easy to use – you may not need any guidance to start using it
- Made of durable plastic
- The construction may not hold up for very long especially when exposed to sunlight – you know the deal with plastics and sun?
Some of us are quite specific about the quality of their equipment, and this is one sprinkler, out to make you proud. With a water pressure of up to 80 PSI, and a spray radius of 32.5ft, you can now understand what we mean – don’t you?
The sprinkler is adjustable, and you can fit it to your lawn needs – quite convenient!
- Has a water pressure of 80 psi, enough to ensure efficiency
- A decent radius of 32.5ft to cover a significant area of your lawn
- The sprinkler is adjustable and can vary it as is necessary
- Made of sturdy ABS plastic
- Easy to set up and use – no time wasting
- The ABS plastic construction, not the most durable
If you want a sprinkler with a unique and beautiful spray pattern, then this is definitely your product. It is something that you will not have a problem switching on when a couple of your friends are visiting. But that’s not all; the sprinkler has a wide radius of up to 38ft – pretty decent.
The best of all is that it can work with a low water pressure of up to 20psi. Its stationary base is heavy-duty and an excellent source of stability when sprinkling.
- Has a unique and beautiful spray pattern
- A good coverage radius of 38ft
- Works at a low water pressure
- A heavy-duty stationary base for a decent amount of stability
- Comes in a variety of colours that you can choose from
- Works with a low water pressure
- Will not work effectively during windy days – the water mists easily get blown away
At first glance, this tells you that you are dealing with something quality, something designed to provide top of the range sprinkling service. Well, what is this that makes it a top of the range equipment? For starters, the device features 20 precision nozzles that demonstrate efficiency with 4,200 sq. ft coverage.
And to cover a variety of garden and yards, the device comes with adjustable controls – you know that not all yard spaces and gardens are equal.
- Has up to 20 precision nozzles with broad coverage
- Adjustable controls to cover a variety of garden sizes and lawns
- Zoom control functionality to focus watering on a specific area
- Easy to use a sprinkler
- The plastic parts may not last that long
How many Types of Lawn Sprinklers are there?
Just as there are different varieties of every product in the market, there are also numerous lawn sprinklers you can acquire. The following are the different varieties.
- The Rotary Sprinklers: you will find this variety in the majority of homes and features several arms and a head. They use water pressure to move the gear and rotate effectively dispensing water in a full circle.Rotary sprinklers are quite inexpensive and ideal for large gardens. They do not demand a lot of attention from you. Unfortunately, they may not be quite as water-saving as you would want.
- Travelling Sprinklers: these varieties utilise a gear and water pressure to move around watering your lawn. This means that you can do something else as the device goes around watering the grass – your only task is to lay the hose appropriately to guide the sprinkler where you need watering.Aside from requiring minimal intervention, other benefits include even and deep watering. Travelling sprinklers are ideal for expansive lawns.However, these will not function properly when the water pressure is low. They are also not the water saving varieties – the convenience they provide definitely comes at a cost. The sprinklers also demand and even and flat surface to move smoothly.
- Impact Sprinklers: like their travelling counterparts, the impact sprinklers make use of mighty stream of water to function sufficiently. You can adjust them depending on preferred spray distance and pattern.Impact sprinklers are not ideal where delicate flowers and plants are involved. They may also not save you as much as you would want on water bills.
- Stationary Sprinklers: these are affordable low-flow sprinklers that are also pretty easy to use. Fixed sprinklers are available in different sizes, shapes, and designs providing you with sufficient flexibility to choose the most ideal for your needs.
- Oscillating Sprinklers: these sprinklers disperse water widely through aluminium or plastic tube. With these, you can water your plants or lawn within a short time, and widely. The good thing about these oscillating varieties is that you can actually adjust their spray pattern to cover tight spots and remote areas.However, they work well where there are no low lying shrubs and open spaces. But they are not ideal during sunny and windy days as the water can quickly evaporate meaning that only a small amount reaches the plant roots.
Factors to Consider when Choosing a Low Water Pressure Sprinkler
When choosing a lawn sprinkler, always keep in mind that some sprinkler models may not be ideal for your lawn or garden. The following tips will hopefully provide an idea of what you should be looking out for in lawn sprinklers.
Determine your Garden or Lawn Needs
It will simply be overkill choosing a powerful and complicated sprinkler if yours is a small lawn. But if it is a large yard, then it would make a lot of sense. However, personal preference and budget play a significant role.
Before you make the all-important purchase decision, first make sure to check water pressure requirements. It would be disappointing to end up with equipment that can’t work as you would want all because your water pressure is below the requirements.
Some sprinkler systems are labour-intensive while others are not. It is always a good idea to consider everything including the cost of installation. Is it something that you can do on your own without any help? Or is the system too complicated that you are going to require specialised help?
It is not every sprinkler variety that is ideal for the lawn soil you have in your yard. Such specifics as the water volume and distance in addition to soil type are factors that influence the much water that actually reaches the plant.
There are different models on the market with varying price tags. Depending on the much you are willing to spend, you may find an ideal system for your lawn.
The best lawn sprinkler for low water pressure ensures the lawn is green and healthy while also making savings. The above sprinklers easily fit into the category of efficient water devices and so will make decent choices. However, HISC, Inc. Ultimate Water Sprinkler with Shut-off Timer is a sprinkler in a class of its own.
But what really makes it worth the top spot? Well, the shut-off timer and an extensive coverage are features worth writing home about. It is easy to use, can function at low pressure and is made of durable plastic.