We have compiled five of the top high lift mower blades you can choose from to make your mower effective and up to the task. Read below.
High Lift Mower Blade Reviews
This high lift mower blade is for those not afraid of making a bit of investment for the best products as a replacement for their current blade. Poulan 42-Inch High Lift Lawn Mower Blade is ideal for tractor decks measuring 42 inches.
- A high-quality, high lift mower blade to last you a long time
- Perfect for tractor decks measuring 42 inches
- Comes as a pack of 2 for more comfortable replacement when necessary
- A heavy-duty model, perfect for that expansive lawn you need to maintain
- They are pretty versatile and will work well for mulching
- The blades are easy to install
- Will not work on specific popular mower models such as John Deere
- May bend when they hit something like a rock when mowing
This product is among the most versatile you will find on the market. Typically, they fit a variety of popular mowers such as Poulan and Husqvarna. They can easily replace the mulching blades and have a high level of durability. And as a mulching blade, they work effectively with a mulching bag and throw clippings surprisingly better. The product comes ready to work without any problem – no need to sharpen.
- Truly versatile blade that easily replaces some of the major brands
- Can easily replace a mulching blade
- As a mulching blade, it throws clippings better
- The blades will also work effectively with a bagger
- They work pretty well on a variety of brands
- The blades come ready to work without any problem
- They may not be sufficiently straight
- The blades may need sharpening
#3: Husqvarna High Lift Replacement Blade For Craftsman, Poulan, Husqvarna Blade Number 187254, 187256, 532187254, 532187256
This is a set of three hardened blades that fit a variety of lawnmowers. They are high carbon steel construction meaning that they are highly durable and give you several years of service. It also replaces a variety of blades from top mower varieties including Husqvarna, Craftsman, and Poulan. And to demonstrate versatility, this high lift blade can act as a mulching blade. It can throw and bag clippings better.
- Comes as a set of three – you will, therefore, have enough to change over
- A high carbon steel construction for a high level of durability
- You can use this product as a mulching blade, and it throws and bags better
- The blade replaces a variety of Husqvarna, Craftsman and Poulan blades
- The blades are not ideal for bagging
The product is 21 inches long and demonstrates a high level of bagging efficiency. This product is specifically designed to be used when bagging. You will also not need to sharpen the blade as it is factory-sharpened. As a result, it delivers clean cuts for healthier grass.
When it comes to mulching, the blade performs well that you would think that it is designed explicitly for mulching.
- The blade has a high level of bagging efficiency
- Factory-sharpened blade and so there is no need of sharpening it
- Has a clean cut promoting the health of the grass
- The blade mulches quite efficiently
- It is also easy to install
- You can use it as a mulching bag
- It leaves a clipping trail when mulching
- It vibrates a lot and hence a bit louder
This particular blade replaces a variety of USA mower blades quite efficiently. But that’s not all; the blade also replaces cub cadet, Toro, and MTD mower blades. They will also fit older models featuring star assy. The blades are easy to install and may not need any help at all to do it. And if you need a mulching blade, then this will work pretty well – even though not recommended.
- Replaces a variety of USA mower blades
- Comes as a two pack for changing as needed
- Quite easy to install
- The blades will work for mulching
- The center locking may prove challenging
- It may need sharpening over time
What are High Lift Mower Blades and why are they are Important?
These types of blades are generally designed for heavy-duty use, such as in lawnmowers. Well, they play an important role in cutting and picking the grass, swiftly. The high lift mower blades are unmatched in lifting a significant amount of green. This makes them ideal for vast a space that you need to mow – that’s why we talked about heavy-duty use.
Professional mowers prefer high lift mower blades as they are easier to use and take a short time to complete the task you throw at them.
But why a high lift as opposed to a medium or even low lifts blades?
Well, the answer is down to the design – measurements, and construction. The high lifts blades are longer and have thicker metal than their counterparts – you now don’t need to be told which among them demonstrates a high level of efficiency and power.
A decent high lift blade can help you cut the grass in a single stroke and for a longer time.
So where are the high lift blades ideal?
This variety of blades is ideal where you need to cut a vast amount of grass and for longer. They can be used in residential areas, as well as, commercial places.
It is essential to choose the blade depending on the work and equipment you are using – it is necessary to understand that not all machines have the capacity to handle the stress associated with a high lift blade.
Are the High Lift Blades the same as Mulching Blades?
Typically, high lift blades are not the same thing as mulching blades. They are designed differently. Basically, a high lift blade features more massive wind wings for increased airflow and efficiency in bagging the clippings in riding mowers.
Mulching blades, on the other hand, feature a curved surface. They also have two different cutting planes along the edge. Older mowers actually utilized two blades arranged vertically to each other.
When you install a mulch kit, the mulching blades gleefully take up the role of circulating the clippings under the deck, cutting and re-cutting them into small pieces. The smaller the cuttings, the faster they decompose, discharging the nutrients back to the soil. You will mostly come across such names as ‘all-purpose blades’ or ‘3-in-1 blades,’ but they all refer to the same thing. The names underscore the fact that the blades mulch, discharge, and bag the clippings – three in one for sure.
Factors to Consider when Buying the Best High Lift Mower Blades
As it is with other accessories, you find on the market, knowing such vital factors as the size you need, model, shapes, and holes save you from so much embarrassment and wastage of time returning it. The following some of the things you look out for when purchasing the best high lift mower blades.
- Size: this is one of the most critical as you cannot imagine buying a format that is neither too big nor too small for the mower. Ideally, be sure of the mower blade size you need, and if you are not sure, you can always consult your manual that came with the mower.
- Shape: different blades come in various forms. Depending on the mower type, it is essential to choose the right blade shape or design. Typically, some mowers have no problem with the design and will take three blades or single blades. However, there are others that are particularly choosy and will only accept a particular shape.
- The Model Number: you will always find the manufacturer-assigned number on the blade. This makes it easier for you to purchase a similar blade should you need to replace the current one.
- The Blade Holes: these are unique to every manufacturer. But you are always free to measure and confirm the size of the holes to aid you in your search for a replacement. The number, placement, and size of the blades are always a critical factor to consider.The Length and Width are other factors you should take note of to get the right blade for your mower.
You have invested so much on a mower to ensure efficient grass maintenance. However, this mower can never be practical until you have installed the right blade to provide efficient grass cutting – this critical as it ensures lawn health. And if you are looking for the best high lift mower blades, then the above-listed will not disappoint.
But if you can’t choose between the five above, then our top choice is Poulan 42-Inch High Lift Lawn Mower Blade (2 Pack) PP24004. It is versatile, durable and easy to install.