Those who have ever used a hose know the frustrations associated with a substandard unit that keeps kinking. It means that you will have to stop what you are doing and go straighten the hose. Well, there is nothing wrong with this but the amount of time wasted, the spilled water and the frustrations are not worth it.
Every gardener worth their salt deserves the best garden hose by their side. In the following review, we provide some of the best, to make your watering task effortless and, of course, enjoyable.
5 Garden Hose Reviews To Check Out
For starters, this garden hose carries safe water that you can help yourself on when you need to quench your thirst. In other words, your plants will get the best quality water without any contaminants.
The garden hose is five-eighth inches wide to carry enough water with adequate pressure to fulfill the various needs around the home. Its fittings are durable and lead-free. They are also crush-free, adding to their strength and durability.
- Carries safe drinking water
- Sufficiently broad to carry enough water for various needs around the home – 5/8 inches wide
- Durable, crush-free and lead-free fittings
- A kink resistant hose
- It is 50ft long, ideal for most uses and ease of handling
- It is light and storing it is not a hassle
- A premium-priced product
- Available in one color – grey
Everyone wants tools made from stainless steel not only because of its shiny, attractive surface, but also its durability. Titan 50FT Heavy Duty 304 Stainless Steel Garden Hose is the ideal definition of a sturdy and appealing hose. It is flexible and lightweight, qualities that you want in a gardening hose.
The product comes minus most of the problems that characterize other hoses on the market. Simply, it does not kink, twist or puncture – It is indeed a trophy to have.
- Made from durable stainless steel
- Lightweight and flexible, making it easy to handle
- No tangling, kinking, twisting or bursting
- Features heavy-duty aluminum fittings
- Comes with a sprayer nozzle as a bonus
- It can be hard to repair the punctures when they develop
- May develop leaks after a period of use
With incredible durability and expandability, you can easily understand why YEAHBEER 50 ft Garden Hose has such high ratings. The hose will not experience any tears, leaks or cracks that can be so annoying, as well as, wasteful.
But what is this that makes the product so durable, and easy to use? Well, if it isn’t the pipe made from double latex, or the rubber washers and ultra-flexible polyester cover, then it’s the spray nozzle made from zinc alloy – it is a real gem to have at home.
- Expandable for ease of use
- Highly durable and hard to get punctures
- Constructed from durable materials, including the double latex pipe
- Brass fitting connector to handle high water pressure
- Has water out length of 17ft, but conveniently expands to 50ft with water
- The hose does not twist or kink, making it easier to use
- The spray nozzle has eight different spray patterns
- It is not available for more than 50ft under pressure
A space-efficient hose is always a good thing to have, and GrowGreen ALL NEW 2018 Garden Hose is what’s it’s all about. It has a convenient length of 17ft, and expands three times, under pressure to 50ft.
The hose is quite easy to use, and will never twist, tangle or even kink – makes your life a little bit more comfortable. But that’s not all; it comes with a functional spray nozzle boasting eight spray patterns.
- A space-efficient expandable hose – expands from 17ft to 50ft
- Will not twist, tangle or kinking for a comfortable use
- Comes with an eight-spray patterns nozzle, enhancing its versatility
- Made of durable latex that resists high pressure, for durability
- It may lose water pressure
The highlight feature of this hose is its extreme flexibility. It will go around obstacles smoothly, without losing its pressure, such a joy to use. Flexzilla Garden Hose is durable to give you a decent amount of service – you will not need another hose in a long time. It has anodized aircraft-grade fittings that are not easy to crush and an abrasion resistant outer cover.
- Ultra-flexible to go around obstacles with ease
- A very durable hose to give you a decent amount of service
- Anodized aircraft-grade fittings
- An abrasion resistant outer cover
- Comfortable to use as it will never kink under pressure
- Lead-free and will easily carry safe drinking water
- It gets covered in mold after a period
- It is not quite kink-free
Why you need a Good Quality Hose
Many people may not see the benefit of going for the best. After all, one hose is like the other, according to them. The biggest mistake you can make is purchasing a cheap hose, thinking that you are have made some good savings.
The frustrations characterizing a cheap hose can make you feel like pulling your hair off. The constant tangling, leaking, and failure to coil after use can quickly leave you in bad moods. Why spoil your weekend on account of hose, while you could have made that extra investment to acquire something good?
Do I need to get a Better Hose?
The decision to upgrade all depends on personal preference, uses and the state of your current hose. But really, if you have the best quality, a hose that has diligently served you, then keep it. It would not make sense getting a new one when the current is doing a great job.
The condition in which you keep your hose determines whether it is going to last or not. How you treat, it matters a lot. But what do we mean by that?
It merely means, draining and coiling it neatly after you are done with watering. When you keep away the hose immediately after use, the chances of getting run over by the mower or wheel cart are minimal, and the less it gets exposed to sunlight. It will also not rot from the soil.
There are simple mechanisms you can use for proper hose storage. A hose pot or a hose reel makes storage an easy task, keeping it away from the sun, and in a perfect coil. If it comes to it, choose a well-designed hanger that distributes the weight evenly to avoid the undesirable kinks that characterize improper storage. But what is it about kinks and hoses?
And before winter can rear its ugly head, empty the hose and keep it away. The associated freezing and thawing can weaken the hose and punctures are a possibility.
How to Choose the Best Garden Hose
There are numerous garden hoses on the market that it would take forever to examine each of them. However, the best among them have particular qualities they share, and all you need is identify them.
- The Length: depending on your needs, the length of the hose varies, from a few feet to a 100ft. The longer, the longer the hose, the better reach you have. But longer means it’s a challenge to store.Most people wrongly believe that a longer hose, is better. The conventional thinking is that as the more the hose is extended, the more useful it is for a variety of activities, but nothing is farther from the truth. A long hose is more cumbersome and challenging to handle. It takes some time to drain all the water before storage.The ideal hose should cover the distance between the spigot and the furthest point you will be watering. Something like 50 feet is not too bad. If you need longer than the 50ft, then it’s better having two 50ft hoses, and joining them together as necessary.
- Design and Material: the ideal hoses are those with non-kink styles. Those not quick to coil into all manner of undesirability that makes you so mad. The best hose has a more comfortable to handle design and is easier to store.Not so long ago, the material used to make the best hoses was either vinyl or rubber. Technology has increased the number of suitable materials to include plastic, nylon, and cotton. But is there a specific material that will not kink?Well, there no specific material that can be said to be fully non-kink. But, what makes all the difference is the design.
- Hose Diameter: you will find a variety of diameters including five-eighths, three-quarters, and half-inch wide hoses. In the majority of cases, five-eighths is ideal. It is neither too small nor too heavy to carry the water.If you are on the market for something light, then half-inch will not be bad. But you will have to do with lesser water flow to accommodate the lower weight.
The best garden hose is always a joy to use. It will not kink, tangle or twist, making it comfortable to use. The above are some of the suggestions that will not frustrate you. However, ELEY Drinking Water Safe Polyurethane Garden Hose is our favorite, among them.
It is light, durable and comes with crush-free fittings. It will not kink and does not contain any lead, and so it is pretty safe. There are not many garden hoses out there that can match its quality.