Yard maintenance and cleaning is no easy feat. Without the right equipment, it can take more of your time than necessary. If you have a yard full of leaves a blower can help.
The best backpack blower will clear the mower grass and leaves, within no time. These machines that look like something out of a sci-fi movie boast sufficient power to move the debris off your yard.
- 1 Review Guide: Top Blowers on the Market
- 1.1 #1: Echo PB-755ST 63.3cc Backpack Blower With Tube Mounted Throttle
- 1.2 #2: Husqvarna 965877502 350BT 1.6 kW 50.2 cc 7500 rpm 180 MPH Backpack Leaf Blower
- 1.3 #3: DEWALT DCBL590X1 40V Max Lithium-Ion Backpack Blower
- 1.4 #4: Poulan Pro 967087101 48cc Backpack Blower
- 1.5 #5: BLACK+DECKER BEBL7000 Back Pack Leaf Blower Vacuum and Mulcher
- 2 Why you need a Blower
- 3 How to Use a Backpack Leaf Blower
- 4 What to look for in the Best Backpack Blower
- 5 Conclusion
Review Guide: Top Blowers on the Market
Well, there is something about the best products, and it is that they have features that separate them from the rest of the pack. Echo PB-755ST 63.3cc Backpack Blower With Tube Mounted Throttle is by all definition one of the best with power, efficiency and comfort to show for it.
The 63.3cc 2- stroke powerful engine is the source of all the power the blower boasts. For those that are familiar with power tools and engines, it is no secret that 2-stroke is more efficient than its counterpart, the four-stroke. The machine has among others, an unmatched quality filter.
- A powerful and efficient 63.3cc 2- stroke engine
- Has a superior filter that is a source of blowing efficiency
- A flexible tube to make cold weather use, easier
- Padded shoulder straps and backrest
- Cruise control and tube-mounted throttle for efficiency
- A bit pricey than its peers but worth every bit of investment
- May not be easy on the shoulders
There’s always some assurance in buying from the trusted and established brands, and Husqvarna is no stranger in the market of power tools, but that’s beside the point. Well, the blower features a powerful 2.1 HP engine, which provides the necessary power to run the machine.
The backpack blower also comes with wide shoulder straps, hip belt, and harness that provide a comfortable carry.
- A powerful 2.1 HP engine for efficient blowing capabilities
- Features comfortable shoulder straps, hip belt and harness
- An easy to set fan speed for a comfortable handling
- It a CARB-compliant machine
- The blower has simple to use controls
- Cruise control that maintains a constant speed
- May not be ideal for heavy-duty use
- The engine may demand a lot of maintenance for efficiency
Featuring a brushless and efficient motor, DEWALT DCBL590X1 40V Max Lithium-Ion Backpack Blower is among the power tools that will prove easier to handle by all accounts – it does not demand a significant amount of maintenance.
It comes with a powerful 40V 7.5Ah battery for power, convenience, and efficiency. And for better control, the machine features a speed lock and comfortable to use speed trigger – control could not be this easy!
- Features a brushless motor for control and maintenance
- Comes with a battery rated at 40V and 7.5Ah for efficiency
- A speed lock and speed trigger for easier airspeed control
- Comes with a second battery for additional run time and time-saving
- Low noise and ideal for those reduced noise areas
- May not have sufficient power for some blowing exercises
- Not the most efficient motor
It is yet another powerful and easy to use a backpack blower to take care of the yard cleaning exercise. The machine features a decent 2-stroke 48cc engine and 200MPH power. It also has a durable heavy duty body that ensures you have the machine for a long time.
Other great features include throttle control for variable speed and cruise control to maintain a constant speed. It is also not too heavy to handle weighing 22lbs.
- Has a 2-stroke 48cc engine for efficient blowing
- A heavy-duty body for durability
- The blower is easy to use
- Comes with cruise control to maintain the necessary speed
- Features a throttle control for a variable speed
- Weighs around 22lbs – not too bad to handle
- Customer support could do with some improvement
- It is not the most powerful
Some of us want a multifunction machine that can serve different functions, and that is what the Black and Decker machine is all about. It has not only a leaf blower but also a mulcher and vacuum – no need for going after additional equipment. That means you have different yard cleaning equipment in one.
The blower has a power boost button for increased power when you need it. You can increase the power at the touch of the button when there is stubborn debris in the grass.
- A 3-in-1 device to perform different yard cleaning functions
- It has simple controls
- Features a power boost button for blower power on demand
- A comfortable and easy to wear, backpack
- The blower is not the most powerful
- May take a long time to complete a task
Why you need a Blower
You don’t need to be told how arduous and boring raking leaves and other debris on the yard can be as well as having to declutter your backyard. It is time-consuming and physical. Unless you love working out as you clean up the lawn, a decent blower will suit you in every way.
You will find the ideal blower, depending on the size of your yard. There are small electric models for a compact yard, and there are heavy-duty backpack varieties for medium-sized lawns, and bigger yards. The biggest mistake that as a homeowner you can make is settling for an underpowered blower. It needs more power to move wet leaves, and the small devices may not be up to the task.
Despite the associated benefits, blowers have several disadvantages that include noise. The bigger the machine, the more the noise it produces – of course, this is the price you pay for so much convenience, efficiency and power. Sometimes, you may need ear protection to avoid discomfort and damage. Some towns and residential areas may have set decibel levels, and the blower may be above the limit.
How to Use a Backpack Leaf Blower
Ideally, start blowing from near the house towards a central compost pit. And if there is a big pile at the middle of the yard, then start at the edges and move leaves in small groups, don’t tackle the pile head on, to make it easy.
Alternatively, you can blow the debris into a tarp that you can easily drag to the pit quietly using a rake.
What to look for in the Best Backpack Blower
The best equipment set themselves apart through quality, functionality, durability, comfort, and ease of use. The tools are worth every bit of investment you make. The following are some of the factors to help you take home one of the best backpack blowers.
- Comfort: it varies across different brands, and what you will get from one machine may not be from another. One of the things to expect from your blower is vibration. Some vibrate more than others, but the ergonomic features that each of them boasts are what makes the difference, regarding comfort.As a standard, backpack blowers should have a padded back and padded shoulder straps. Some are more padding than others and have adjustable straps for enhanced adjustability, and comfort.Other comfort features include active cooling. Some brands include ports at the place where your back meets the blower, as you carry and use it. As the machine draws in air from the side vents and ports the back, it creates a cooling sensation, even during the hottest of weathers.
- Efficiency: the best quality must be efficient in every way. But what are we talking about here?A good blower must be fuel efficient, to reduce the number of times you run to refill. A full tank at Wide Open Throttle will empty at different times depending on the quality of the brand. It means that the brands that seem a little expensive are time-saving, and of course fuel efficient – there’s popular adage out there about the cheap being expensive.
- Value: what we are talking about here is not only the price but the features and performance – even though price plays an important role in these two factors. However, you may still get a cheaper blower with the best of features.
- CFM: the cubic feet per meter (CFM) is the amount of air that the machine can blow at wide throttle. Typically, quality machines will have a better CFM than the rest of the pack.
- Carb-Complaint: at an age where there’s so much attention on global warming, legislation is requiring manufacturers to produce machines with a low emission value. In some states like California, small engines must meet emission standards. Regardless of the state or country you are in, it is wise to choose a Carb-compliant machine, as they are efficient and clean.
- 2-Cycle and 4-Cycle Engines: the two-cycle or two-stroke engines require a blend of oil and gas to work. The engines are more efficient than their four-stroke counterparts, and with fewer emissions. The 2-cycle varieties even pack more power, are easier to maintain, and more fuel-efficient than the four-stroke engines – your choice should be easy here.
Yard cleaning can finally be a lot of fun with the best backpack blower on the market. It means the machine can help you move all kind of debris in your yard to a central place for further action. While any backpack blower in this review would be ideal, our top choice has to be the Echo PB-755ST 63.3cc.
The yard cleaning machine is all about power in a pack, with all the necessary features to make the yard spotless, and the pride of your home. It has a powerful 63.3cc 2-stroke engine with a superior filter and padded shoulder straps for easier control, efficiency, and comfort.